East Coast (East PA/DE/MD/NJ)
CHAMPION FORCE ATHLETICS DRAWING OFFICIAL RULES
(EAST PENNSYLVANIA, DELAWARE, NEW JERSEY and MARYLAND)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Champion Force Athletics (“Champion Force”) is conducting a drawing in East Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and New Jersey that begins on February 4th, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ends on March 22nd, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EDT (period during which entries may be submitted referred to as the “Drawing Period”), with winners selected at the Fall State Championship in December 2018 (“PA Drawing”). At the end of the Drawing Period, Champion Force will conduct drawings from eligible entries to receive each of the Prizes defined in Paragraph 4, below.
1. ELIGIBILITY. An individual must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
2. HOW TO ENTER. No purchase is necessary to enter. All entries must be received by Champion Force during the Drawing Period to be eligible to win. Entrants must provide their name and phone number (including area code) on the back of each entry to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable or unintelligible entries, in the sole discretion of Champion Force, will be disqualified. Champion Force will not verify receipt of entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of Champion Force and will not be acknowledged or returned. There are two forms of entry:
(a) Donation. An eligible individual will receive 1 entry into the Drawing for each donation of $1 given to a student (or representative of a student, e.g., parent) of Champion Force of East Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland and New Jersey during the Drawing Period.
(b) Request. If an eligible individual does not wish to make a donation, then s/he may receive 1 entry into the PA Drawing by requesting same during the Drawing Period from a participating student (or representative of a student, e.g., parent) of Champion Force of East Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland.
3. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF CHOSEN ENTRANTS. Champion Force will select an eligible entry to receive each of the Prizes defined in Paragraph 4, below, at the Spring State Championship in May of 2018 (“Drawing Date”). On the Drawing Date, a representative of Champion Force will select one winner for each of the Prizes. Drawings will be collected by blindly selecting a single slip of paper from a container containing paper copies of each of the qualified entries. Within 48 hours after the Drawing Date, the selected entrants will be notified via telephone using the contact information provided with their entry. The selected entrants will be required to respond (as directed) to their notification within 5 business days after being notified of being eligible for the Prize. The failure to respond in a timely manner to the notification may result in forfeiture of the Prize. In the event of forfeiture, Champion Force may randomly select an alternate entrant from the remaining eligible entries. Champion Force is not responsible for shipping charges to send a Prize outside the State of East Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey and Maryland. Each selected entrant may be sent an affidavit of eligibility with releases of liability and publicity rights (“Release”). Except where prohibited by law, selected entrants must allow Champion Force to use their name for marketing purposes. Selected entrants may be required to provide name, tax identification number (which will be used only for tax filing purposes), current address and phone number. Unless restricted by law, each selected entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein or will be deemed to have waived and forfeited the privilege of obtaining the Prize for which they were otherwise eligible. A Prize may be considered forfeited by a selected entrant and an alternate selected entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if a selected entrant: (a) cannot be reached; (b) fails to timely obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot or does not timely accept or receive (in Champion Force’s sole discretion) the Prize for any reason.
4. PRIZES. A drawing will be conducted for each of the following prizes (each being referred to as a “Prize”):
(a) $50.00 Visa/MC gift card
(b) $50.00 Visa/MC gift card
(c) $300.00 Visa/MC gift card
5. ODDS. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6. CONDITIONS. The East PA/DE/MD/NJ Drawing is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the East PA Drawing or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. All decisions of Champion Force are final and binding. Each eligible individual who has placed an entry to win a Prize (“Prize Winner”) agrees to release Champion Force and its attorneys and affiliates, together with their respective directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents, including, without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging or administration of the PA Drawing (collectively, “Releasees”) from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Champion Force reserves the right to use the PA Drawing for publicity purposes in any media, and to use the name, likeness, job title and/or prize information of selected entrants as part of that publicity, without any compensation or prior review unless prohibited by law. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of selected entrants, and selected entrants who are U.S. residents may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the Prize. Champion Force may elect to pay such taxes on behalf of a Prize Winner, but Champion Force is not obligated to pay any taxes on behalf of a Prize Winner, who remains solely responsible for the tax consequences of accepting a Prize. The PA/DE/MD/NJ Drawing is void outside the continental U.S., Alaska and Hawaii, and where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws. Champion Force reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the PA/DE/MD/NJ Drawing or to be violating these Official Rules. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (a) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (b) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by a Prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the PA/DE/MD/NJ Drawing; or (c) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the PA/DE/MD/NJ Drawing. Champion Force disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, the PA/DE/MD/NJ Drawing, and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the PA/DE/MD/NJ Drawing should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Champion Force’s control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the PA/DE/MD/NJ Drawing. Champion Force may prohibit an entrant from participating in the PA/DE/MD/NJ Drawing or winning a Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the PA/DE/MD/NJ Drawing in any way. Champion Force reserves the right to destroy all mail-in entries after 90 days. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or the PA/DE/MD/NJ Drawing will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Michigan. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with the PA/DE/MD/NJ Drawing must be brought in a court sitting in Kent County, Michigan, and all participants consent to the jurisdiction of the State of East Pennsylvania, Delaware New Jersey and Maryland for the resolution of all disputes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PA DRAWING MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PA/DE DRAWING. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CHAMPION FORCE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. PRIVACY. Without limitation, information collected by Champion Force may be used for: (a) administration of the PA/DE/MD/NJ Drawing; and (b) improving knowledge, understanding, development and improvement of Champion Force’s programs.
8. COPIES OF RULES OR NAME OF SELECTED ENTRANT. For a copy of the rules or the name of the selected entrant, which will be available after May 20, 2018, send your request, in a self-addressed, stamped envelope (PA residents need not affix return postage) to: Champion Force Athletics, PO Box 7747, Philadelphia, PA 19101. Requests received after March 23, 2019 will not be honored.