Cheer Program Policies
Parents please read this information carefully. It will help answer any questions you might have and inform you of our class terms and payment policies.
When you sign your child’s registration liability form, you are agreeing to these terms and policies.
Parents are welcome to sit in at the first night of class. After that, we ask that you wait outside the teaching area to minimize any distractions. At the end of each class, your coach will invite you in for the last 5 minutes to have the athletes show you what they have been working on and/or for the instructor to give a quick update on events coming up. Parents, family and friends will be invited to attend “Parents Night/Awards Night”, which is usually held the last night of class of the season.
Notifications for cancellations, class changes, or class information will be made via email, text message, Facebook or you may be contacted directly by your coach and/or CFA Office.
Please be sure when you fill out your registration form, you include your email address and phone number. Unscheduled class cancellation notices and notification of new seasons will be emailed to that address.
Athletes should wear comfortable gym clothes that they can move easily in and wear supportive athletic shoes. Hair must be tied back and no jewelry should be worn. No gum or candy will be allowed in class.
We are guests in the facilities where classes are held and we expect our coaches, athletes, and parents to respect the facility. All children in the waiting must be supervised at all times. At no time is it permissible for any person to roam the halls or other areas of the facility. FOOD AND DRINK ARE NOT PERMITTED. Again, we are guests and any inappropriate behavior or disrespect in these facilities could ultimately result in our program being terminated in your community.
Parents are required to bring athletes into the facility and sign in with the instructor/secretary at the beginning of class. At the end of class, parents must always come back in to the building to pick up their athlete. Athletes will not be allowed to leave the building unattended.
CFA class fees may be paid weekly or paid in full using cash, money orders, or credit/debit cards.
Competition payments must be mailed into the Champion Force Athletics office or paid online with a Visa or MasterCard. Only money orders will be accepted when mailing in competition registration forms.
No checks will be accepted for any CFA classes or events.
- • Refunds are not available nor can be transferred for merchandise, competitions, class registration fees or classes taken.
- • Payments for classes may be transferred to another class location or season due to unforeseen circumstances.
- • If you have pre-paid classes and will not be able to finish attending, you may call Champion Force Athletics in regards to a refund for classes not taken. You must be able to provide proof of payment, whether it is a receipt or a cancelled check from your bank. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the payment to process.
- • If you paid your class fees to a Community Ed or a Parks and Recreation, you must contact them in regards to their policies on refunds.
Champion Force Athletics teams Divisions 4 and higher are permitted to conduct fundraisers that are approved by the CFA office. Participating students must sign a permission slip before persons are eligible to participate in any fundraiser. All monies earned through CFA team fundraisers may only be used toward CFA Camps, Clinics or the NYAA National Cheer Competition. If a team would like to use funds for any other reason, the coach must contact the CFA office for approval.
Merchandise is available to purchase at class through your coach or our online store. Be sure to read the online refund and return policies. All merchandise orders must be paid for when placing your order. All merchandise is optional; only for competitions does Champion Force Athletics require certain uniforms and poms to participate.
- Verify all orders for accuracy and sizing at the time of pick up.
- No returns or exchanges will be made after items leave a class location.
- Orders may take up to 4 weeks to arrive to your class location.
- Be sure to keep your merchandise receipt as proof of payment until you receive your order.
- For questions or concerns about your orders, please contact the CFA corporate office.
Divisions 1-4: If an athlete misses a class, the absence can be made up by attending 2 or more classes in one night. Make-up classes do have to be paid for unless you have pre-paid for classes that were missed. Though weekly attendance is not mandatory to necessarily hold a spot on the team, we ask that you keep in mind that this is a team sport and weekly attendance is appreciated. It is to the discretion of the head coach in regards to stunting safety if an athlete has multiple absences to disallow them from being part of a stunt group.
Divisions 5-8: These are “try-out” teams and attendance may be made mandatory by your head coach in order to maintain a secure position on the team. You may also be asked to sign a separate contract drawn up by your coach to agree with any terms that they may ask for a student to be eligible to attain a spot on said team or to maintain their position on that team.
Competitions: Champion Force Athletics offers competitions to all of our students in every class throughout our states. The athletes will learn throughout their weekly classes a cheer routine to perform. Competitions have a participation registration fee. This is a pre-registration event. Late fees will be applied after the deadline date given. Every athlete that participates will receive a trophy/award for performing. Placements are awarded to teams after every team performs per division. Each division has a specific uniform that is mandatory to compete at Champion Force Athletics competitions.
• Competitions for Divisions 1-4 are optional for each athlete. However it’s strongly suggested, as the class is learning as a team. We at Champion Force Athletics strongly believe the experience that competitions offer is a great way for children to learn team work and build their self confidence.
• Competitions for Divisions 5-8 are mandatory.
• Athletes are eligible for CFA competition until they graduate from High School. An athlete is eligible for CFA competitions regardless of age as long as they have NOT graduated from High School. Athletes that have dropped out of high school are NO longer eligible. After graduation, athletes are eligible for that year’s National Competition and will be the last event for which they are eligible. Exceptions: If a student is 16 years of age or younger and has graduated from High School, they may compete through the year of their 17th birthday. If a student graduates High School at the age of 17, they are NOT eligible past that year’s Nationals.
Camps/Clinics: Champion Force Athletics Cheerleading offers various camps and clinics throughout the year for athletes to receive additional training. There is a registration fee to attend CFA camps and clinics. These events are strongly recommended for skill advancement, team building, and safety.
Parades: Local parades may be available in your area. It is the discretion of the coach to participate. Should a coach offer a parade, participation is optional. When participating in a parade, the coach may make their division uniform, or another outfit mandatory.
Champion Force Athletics offers division advancement opportunities. Athletes are eligible at the age of 5 to test at the beginning or end of each season. In order to tryout for an elite level team, the age requirement is 7 years old or older. Your coach will inform you of the testing/tryout date and criteria. Testing/tryouts has a cost of $10 in addition to the $ 10 registration fee and/or class fee.
Your coach will make team placement decisions based on athletes’ skill evaluation, attendance, ability to follow direction, as well as the athlete’s disposition. A coach may ask that an athlete advances to the next division prior to testing if they feel the athlete is not being challenged in their current division.